Rad Mom Gift: Momma Love
Ali Smith is a rad mom. Not only is she a rad photographer and a rad mom but she made a rad book combining her two natural talents called Momma Love that makes a perfect mom gift if you’re looking for one. The photography of the mothers in this book speaks to all moms who take pride in being different and know that there’s something awesome and unifying between all mothers. They know that they’re doing the best that they can to love life, and their kids, no matter what. Momma Love is the winner of two international book awards and was named a top Mother’s Day gift idea by the New York Times blog. Hardcover, 9 1/2″ x 11 1/4″, 160pgs, printed by US based “green” printer.
For being a Metro Mom Club reader, you get a 20% discount off of the $39.99 sticker price! Visit the Momma Love website and use the code: MetroMomma and get your mom an unforgettable Mother’s Day gift.
And, you can enter to win the Momma Love Tote giveaway (msrp: $14.99, made of 100% organic cotton), too! Scroll down for the entry form and share with your social networks for 5 more entries each time!
Here’s what Ali has to say about her creation:
What inspired you to create this book?
My first book, Laws of the Bandit Queens, celebrated women who’d inspired my career goals by succeeding while questioning social norms and expanding the idea of what women’s lives could look like. Momma Love carries that same questioning, curious spirit over into the motherhood realm.
Before becoming a mom, I was frightened when people warned I’d lose myself entirely. What I couldn’t understand at the time was that some of that “loss” would actually be good for me and would equal transformation.
What do you hope other people get out of interacting with it?
Amy Ryan, an actress (Birdman, The Office, etc) and a momma featured in Momma Love, says of reading the book “ Momma Love is filled with women whose lives bear no resemblance to my own, … and yet on page after page I’m left shaking my head, heart stopped, and thinking, “that’s me”.” That is what I hope women will find.
Contest Rules & Disclaimer
Metro Mom Club “Momma Love Tote” GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. INTERNET ACCESS & E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GIVEAWAY, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS AND NOT SUBJECT TO APPEAL.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 or over. Persons who are not legal residents of the United States/District of Columbia should not participate in the Giveaway. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors and the immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse) wherever they may live and others living in the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors of Dana Holmes Media, L.L.C. (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions and their advertising, promotion or production agencies are not eligible to participate or win a prize.
2. GIVEAWAY SCHEDULE. Giveaway begins on 04/27/2015 at or after 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and ends 05/04/2015 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Giveaway consists of one giveaway. The official clock of the Giveaway is Sponsor’s computer.
3. HOW TO ENTER. First, enter using the form on www.metromomclub.com Then, for more entries: follow Metro Mom Club on www.pinterest.com/metromomclub – the official MMC Pinterest page, on Facebook www.facebook.com/metromomclub and/or on Twitter www.twitter.com/metromomclub . Then, share the contest with your social network using the #MetroMomma
**(If you do not already have a Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter account, you may create one for free)
4. RESTRICTIONS ON GIVEAWAY PARTICIPATION. Any person who uses any device or artifice to participate in violation of the preceding entry limit will be disqualified. Giveaway participation must be effected via manual key-stroking; use of script, macro, robotic, programmed or like means of participation will void attempted entry and result in disqualification. Additionally, any attempt to interfere or tamper with the Giveaway, the metromomclub.com or danaholmesmedia.com web site or the metro mom club pages on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter will result in disqualification. Tampering includes but is not limited to the posting of comments about Sponsor, the Giveaway which are negative, disparaging or otherwise adversely affect the Sponsor’s goodwill (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.) In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry used to enter the Giveaway. Sponsor shall determine in its sole discretion the identity of such Authorized Account Holder.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER. Winner will be selected via random drawing, to be conducted by Sponsor. There will be one random drawing consisting of all eligible entries received
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION. On or about the day of the drawing the potential winner will be contacted via email, using the email address used as his/her entry. IT IS THE POTENTIAL WINNER’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THEIR EMAIL FOLLOWING THE END OF THE CONTEST PERIOD TO FIND OUT IF HE/SHE IS A POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER FOR THE GIVEAWAY. Failure to respond within 48 hours will result in disqualification. If disqualified, an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received and the same requirements will apply to the alternate winner. In addition, winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where legal) within indicated time as a further condition of prize award. If potential winner fails to contact Administrator with 48 hours or claim the prize for any reason; fails to sign and return an Affidavit/Release (if applicable) within 48 hours; or is determined to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. In the event of disqualification, an alternate winner will be selected for the applicable weekly drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for such drawing, as per Rule 5 above.
7. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING. Grand Prize – 1 Tote bag. All unspecified expenses in conjunction with acceptance and use of prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitution, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability of prize for any reason and only then for prize of comparable value. Applicable taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Limit one (1) prize per family, household, address. Total value: $14.99. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for a given week’s drawing.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILTY.
a. In General. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, incomplete, irregular, damaged, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, misdirected, illegible/garbled or otherwise unsuccessful attempts to enter the Giveaway, all of which are void. Sponsor further assumes no responsibility for (a) any computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion or unauthorized human intervention; or (b) any incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate information or materials, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in attempting to enter/entering the Giveaway; or (c) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site or e-mail address/account. (The preceding includes but is not limited to any filtering by Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter.) Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from attempting to enter the Giveaway or downloading/uploading materials from/to any web site or e-mail address/account.
b. Force Majeure. If, for any reason, the Giveaway (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned due to any cause beyond Sponsor’s control (by way of example only, computer virus, worms, bugs or tampering/unauthorized intervention), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway and make the prize available for affected weekly drawing of the Giveaway from among all remaining eligible entries received for such affected weekly drawing prior to and/or after the action taken by Sponsor (as appropriate) or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Metro Mom Club on Facebook.
c. RELEASES. Participant releases and agrees to hold harmless Dana Holmes Media, L.L.C., its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotion and production agencies and the directors, officers, agents, shareholders, representatives, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above entities, as well as Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest, from any and all liability associated (directly or indirectly, in whole or in part) with his/her participation in the Giveaway, his/her participation in any Giveaway-related activity and receipt, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of prize. By accepting prize, where permitted by law, winner grants Sponsor and its designees the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or other indicia of persona as news or information and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional compensation, and without review, approval or further notice.
d. Additional Terms. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such provision. Should a court of competent jurisdiction find any provision of these Official Rules to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such determination will not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the balance of these Official Rules and the invalid/illegal/unenforceable provision will be replaced with a substitute provision that is valid, legal and enforceable and most closely mirrors the original intention of Sponsor.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Giveaway, you understand and agree that any claim or dispute regarding the Giveaway or these Official Rules will be resolved by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW), such provision being made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference. In accordance with the “Dispute Resolution” provision, any claim or dispute will be resolved pursuant to New York State law.
11. WINNERS’ LIST. For the names of prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Mom Tote Giveaway, 31 Broome Street 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11222. Requests must be received by 05/04/2015. Winners’ list will be available after 05/15/2015.
SPONSOR: Dana Holmes Media, L.L.C.